Learn all about the benefits of Osteogenic Loading and how to get started using this breakthrough biohacking strategy
About this event
Osteogenic Loading For Longevity Masterclass Description
Weight-bearing activity is critical for bone health. The stress on the bones that results from weight-bearing activities like running, jumping, and at times weight lifting, stimulates bone building. Weight slightly compresses the bone matrix and triggers the cells to assimilate more calcium and other minerals, and ultimately to increase bone density. The amount of weight-bearing that causes this response from the bone is called “osteogenic loading” because it takes a certain “load” to stimulate the bone-building cells. In contrast, “unloading” the bones from prolonged bed rest or space travel can result in loss of bone density. While normal daily activities are sufficient to prevent the harmful effects of unloading, significant “loading” appears to be required to increase bone mineral density.
In this Masterclass, you will discover:
- Why Bone Health Matters for Longevity and Everyday Health
- What makes bones grow
- 52 million – the number of Americans affected by osteoporosis and low bone density
- The bone marrow is where stem cells are made. How this could impact longevity…longer and healthier life.
- Every second of every day, an older adult (age 65+) suffers a fall in the U.S.—making falls the leading cause of injury and injury death in this age group.
- What is osteogenic loading: Osteogenic loading (OL) is a rehabilitative medicine method with a goal of improving bone density and preventing bone fracture.
- Your entire skeleton is replaced about every 10 years, though this process slows as you get older.
- Factors that accelerate bone loss
- How it can help posture and balance
- How to prevent bone loss…key strategies
Our Expert Speaker: Brent Jordan
My passion for helping people be their best comes from experiencing firsthand how physical fitness and health improves everything about life. Twenty years ago, I was a corporate executive with an average fitness level. I got involved with auto racing, and later with my first strength coach. From there, I became a professional racing coach and began competing in international powerlifting. For the second half of my life, I knew that I wanted to help people become their best selves, and became certified with the American College of Sports Medicine. Shortly after I started a strength training business, I discovered OsteoStrong and the science behind it. I am convinced OsteoStrong is the best approach to help people with their overall wellness by focusing on the foundation of the body – bones, and bone strength. I spend every day working to educate people on this simple yet powerful and effective protocol. My greatest joy is seeing clients benefit and realize their strength and potential.